Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Atlanta "Winter" Weather

I purchased my gym membership in June of last year. I didn't actually step foot into the gym until October (when I signed up for my trainer). I was never an athlete, always an artist (ballet, clarinet, a little drama). It took me a while to warm up to my trainer, I felt like she was a little (being nice) excessive and I don't deal well with bossy people. So, I have finally worked up to a routine of going to the gym Monday through Friday with training at least two of those days. Amid, Atlanta's "Winter" storm, my trainer cancelled on Monday. I have not been out of the house since the snow started on Sunday evening. Not because I am scared of the snow or ice, but because I am scared of other drivers. In my opinion, if the children are still out of school, it's not safe to be on the roads. Maybe my logic is twisted. I am from Atlanta and not used to these East-Coast-like winters we've had the pass couple of years. I miss the gym. I never thought I'd say that. I tried workout dvds, but my workout just isn't the same without my trainer barking at me or people next to me trying to keep up with my running speed. Woe is me. :( Any suggestions? My eating is better though. Being inside forces me to cook. And I don't have any junk food to eat...silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment